Facts & Figures

Basic info about Macau for your reference and convenience.


All visitors must hold a passport or a valid travel document valid for more than 30 days since the day of entry in Macau.
Visas are NOT required by visitors from:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Cape Verde
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech
  • Denmark
  • Dominica
  • Egypt
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • German
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Kiribati
  • Latvia
  • Lebanon
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Mongolia
  • Monaco
  • Namibia
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Samoa
  • Seychelles
  • Singapore
  • Slovak
  • Slovenia
  • South Korea
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • United States of America
  • Uruguay

Visas can be obtained from the Immigration Services through Embassies/Consulates of the PRC and should be used within the validity, the visa is expired after the valid date.

Visas are also available on arrival in Macau at the Immigration Services for a period of 30 days.

For more information about Visa requirements, please visit the following website http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html


Macau has a warm, marine temperate climate. The climate is greatly influenced by the monsoons and therefore temperature difference between summer and winter is fairly noticeable. The average annual temperature of Macau is 22 C. July is the hottest month, with daytime temperatures usually above 30 °C.
The best season to visit Macau is from late September to December when the weather is not too hot or humid.

Check the updated forecasts at http://www.smg.gov.mo/smg/e_index.htm


The Pataca (MOP$) is divided into 100 avos and it is Macau’s official currency. Hong Kong dollars are widely accepted in Macau.
For current exchange rates, refer to www.gocurrency.com.


Macau is one of the most developed countries in Asia in terms of public health provision. Here, the average life expectancy is 75.5 years for men and 79.9 years for women.
Several major hospitals in Macau have adequate medical facilities and are able to provide emergency medical care.


In 2007, the total population was estimated to be 531.400. About 94% are ethnic Chinese, from different provinces, namely Guangdong and Fujian. The remaining 6% includes Portuguese and other regions.


The official languages are Chinese (Mandarin) and Portuguese. English is widely spoken by those engaged in trade, tourism, and commerce.


Macau's economy is based largely on tourism, much of it geared toward gambling. The gaming, tourism and hospitality industry is estimated to contribute more than 50% of Macau's GDP, and 70% of Macau Government revenue.

Translate »