DOC DMC MACAU & HONG KONG
° ° °
Since 2008 Making A Difference In Macau & Hong Kong
Why use a Destination Management Company (DMC)?
A destination management company (DMC) offers intimate destination knowledge and can take care of all ground services that are a part of your event or conference – transfers, accommodation, restaurants, venues, logistics, and activities. A DMC can provide you with access to once in a lifetime experiences which aren’t generally available to the public. It can slo help you obtain great buying power with excellent rates to stretch your budget further.
In Macau and Hong Kong, due to having such a multi-cultural team, we are able to combine our Western and Asian backgrounds and be the best bridge between you and all the suppliers involved in the production of your event/ conference.
Tips for selecting a DMC
- Do your homework – remember the DMC in a destination should be your partner, which means that they are an extremely important part of your event.
Check the candidates out carefully, by seeking recommendations from as many sources as possible.
- Do they have representation in the destination? And, do they visit regularly to promote their services? This will show an understanding of local customs and cultures, and show a commitment and loyalty to your particular marketplace. The local DMC will bring you additional benefits: being on the same time-zone, act as an interpreter between you and the suppliers, getting to know your ways of working and work to avoid clashes between partners/ suppliers/ clients.
- Check if the DMC understands your culture. This way they will be able to combine excellent operational and creative services in your destination, that will respect your cultural habits.
- Interview them! You both need to know and trust each other – talk with them and get to know their work ethic. Do you like them? Do you trust them with your reputation and your best clients?
- Use them properly – think “value” rather than “cost”. They should not just be an order-taker, they should be your partner. Beware the venue-finder that claims to be a DMC – they will simply be order-takers or (worse) sell you what they want rather than what you need.